Featured Post

Welcome. Bienvenido.

To those who are watching or reading this, Hi, my name is Sal Galvan and I recently served a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Lat...

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Transfer 2 Looking Sweet (September 22nd, 2014)

Hey Everyone,

So, today is the official two month mark since I arrived in the Spain CCM. I guess you can say that time flies by. It feels slow, but its all good. I don't really worry about how long I have been here in Spain.

I really have liked what has happened with the 2nd transfer here in the mission. Man, I wish I would've planned out stuff to write to you guys. So sorry if this email is just random, I am trying to recall the week that gone by.

First off, I managed to get my SD card fixed from the virus which allows me to use my Canon Rebel T3. I will not be able to send pictures of myself for a long time since I may have to ask a member to transfer all my SD card data in my storage device. The computers we use here are public computers at these places called locutorios. There are viruses and stuff in these computers which is the reason how my SD card got infected. One day I will send some pictures of me on the mission. It makes me sad that I can't share my time here in Leganes.

Besides that, I want to talk about our Ward Mission Leader in the Leganes Ward. His name is Jeison Ramirez, 24 years old. He is originally from Colombia and has been such a great ward mission leader by working with the ward and coming with us to meet all of the investigators. The cool thing about him is that he opened his mission call yesterday on Sunday. He is going to serve in the Barcelona mission on the 15th of January, 2015. We are all so happy for him. I hope I stay long enough in the Leganes area to see Jeison go off to Barcelona on train. He is such an awesome dude.

Since the transfers and how Elder Tanner left from our piso and getting Elder Larrea. Since Elder Tanner taught the English class, he passed the baton to my companion and I. My companion let me guide the lesson last Friday with the small group of people we had come to practice their English. I am looking forward to some more service and helping the people who come learn some English stuff. Its really funny and cool how we get to teach English classes in the church.

In terms of our investigators, they are still in the process of learning about the church. So far we have Gisela waiting to get baptized sometime in October. I am stoked for that and seeing her progress. 

I don't know what else to write. Next time I will make points/notes of stuff to share with you guys. 

Well, I hope all is well and I love you guys. Take care!

Un abrazo,
Elder Galvan

No comments:

Post a Comment