Featured Post

Welcome. Bienvenido.

To those who are watching or reading this, Hi, my name is Sal Galvan and I recently served a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Lat...

Sunday, September 4, 2016

Day 1 of the Spain Madrid Mission (July 22nd, 2014)

Hey,

 I am only given time to write directly to my family. Mom, I wanted to let you know that I have arrived in Madrid. The duration of the hours combined with the flights was probably about 16 hours...including layovers. I just wanted to let you know that I love you and that I am here safe hahaha. Anyways, I wanted to let you guys know that this place...Spain, is going to be a long two years. I cant believe how advance these Spaniards speak. Its really cool and awesome. But, it also makes me nervous now because watching Spanish films is one thing, but, actually engaging with the Spanish people is kind of scary since I cant talk as fast as they do. I understand everything they say to me though, which is good. My first companion is Elder Salazar who is from Barcelona. He only speaks Spanish and I am able to understand him and speak to him well. He doesnt think my Spanish is bad, and I told him that I am going to need his help with learning more and speaking better. Man, this is so surreal for me. Its really cool and also very scary. I hope that I can get better at speaking Spanish since a lot of these Spaniards beast it. And, Bro Huff...say hi to the family for me haha. Mom, sames. Tell grandma that I regret not wanting learn Spanish. Alrighty I got to go.

 Adios,
 Elder Sal Angel Galvan

No comments:

Post a Comment