Featured Post

Welcome. Bienvenido.

To those who are watching or reading this, Hi, my name is Sal Galvan and I recently served a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Lat...

Sunday, September 11, 2016

2 Year Anniversary (September 29th, 2014)

Hey Family and Friends,

Today two years ago, on September 29, 2012 I was baptized in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I am so happy and grateful for my decision to choose this church. Besides that, it made me sooooooooo happy to hear my Brother, Isaac Galvan's, Missionary Farewell Talk. That was like a gift to me today to hear him speak. As I listened to his speech it made me think to myself of how sharp he is and how smart he is as a person to be able to give such a spiritual talk. I hope he heals his knee and is able to make it on time for the mission field. I love my brother and it makes me happy to hear about how he is going to serve a 2 year mission.

Besides that, out here on the field in Leganes, Madrid I have noticed these posters that say G-Star Raw created by Pharrell Williams. What is that??? Is that like some kind of TV show or some kind of movie they are coming out with? I was just really curious because I have no idea what that is hahaha.

In addition, this week my companion and I got sick. I don't know what kind of sickness we caught, but, we were both out on Wednesday. We noticed how the sickness was building up earlier in the week. On wednesday, that was when we woke up and could not get out of bed. I bought medicine and let my companion use some of pills I bought. We are 100% right now. That day really messed up our plans with investgators and it also affected the following day. Man, it really sucks getting sick out here in Spain. Especially as a missionary.

Also, it is such a huge surprise of how expensive fast food places are in Spain. Seriously, they really suck. It can cost you like 10 bucks to get a good meal out of a Burger King, McDonalds, etc. I miss Denny's. That place is where you can really get more for your buck. Anyways, out here in Spain for food we usually get fed by members or cook the food ourselves.

Another cool thing I wanted to share was how I am able to work out in the mornings. Every morning for 30 mins I do a high intensity work out using body workouts and weights. Its awesome, I really release a lot of stress and keep my physique contained so I can come back and weightlight when the mission is over over at the good old 24 Hour Fitness on Adams and Harbor.

On the spiritual sides of things, I had the opportunity to give a blessing to Hermana Catalina Cancho Martin who is member from our ward. She invited us over to eat and fed us this soup like food with plenty of beans and patatas. She also fed us bread and chicken. She too is a convert to the church and is originally from the West part of Spain near Portugal. It was so hunbling to act in the priesthood and give her a blessing, in SPANISH!!!! I am so happy I gave a blessing in Spanish, that was totally my first time hahaha. She is such an awesome woman and we love her a ton.

More on the spiritual side of things, my companion and I were able to reactivate an inactive member of the church. She is a young girl named Nicole that joined the church when she was 14 years old. I met her at the English class I was teaching in the church last Friday. My companion and I talked to her and invited her to more church activities that were happening. We had a lesson with her on Saturday and we talked to her about how much potential she has for the chuch and our ward. She came to church on Sunday and a fireside with us. She wrote a note to my companion writing about how she is grateful for the missionaries and feels loved by us. So, that made my day for the week. Seeing a member regain interest in the church and appreaciate it all in the end. We all see her as a little sibling to us that we watch out for. 

With our investigators, Paul and Fernanda have fechas for this 18th of October to get baptized. We are hoping they can make it to that fecha and continue growing. One thing that helps our 2 investigators is how awesome my companion is and how I am a convert to the church. Paul brings it up to us and asks me about how it feels to change and have the courage to get baptized. Things are progressing with them. I need to find that picture of my baptism and show it to them of how it looked for me.

Things are awesome here in Spain. It is definitely a privilege to wear a chappa and represent the church.

Thanks for reading this guys. I love you. Have a great week.

Love,
Elder Sal Galvan

No comments:

Post a Comment